Friday, August 3, 2012

Emotionally compromised


I asked that child if she would like to stay where it is relatively safe and be my assistant after she had recovered enough to be off of pain medications. She was gone in the morning.

I’ve been told several times that I let my emotions take hold too often. It may be true. Perhaps if the girl had stayed she would have attracted whatever she is running from.  But I can’t keep my emotions out of my work. I refuse to let my patients become things. I have sworn my life to protecting and healing these people.

I see them all as my own children, and I would gladly give my life to ensure their safety.

1 comment:

  1. Part of me is glad you feel that way. The other part knows how much the universe seems to like holding people to promises like that.

    Good luck, we need more people like you. Stay Alert, Stay Alive.

    ReplyDelete