Friday, August 31, 2012

THE CLINIC IS CLOSED


Forever this time.

In case you haven’t guessed yet, Doc was working for the Plague Doctor.

I’m sure it was unwilling. He told me that he tried to fight back. He refused to join him at first. Then those kids came in with their broken bones. Those infections shouldn’t have happened. They shouldn’t have progressed so quickly. But they were caused by the Plague Doctor. There wasn’t much he could do against that.

And still, he refused to join the Plague Doctor. He was still willing to fight back.

But then that virus appeared. I wasn’t lying when I said that broke him. After he realized that more people would possibly die if he refused to become one of the Plague Doctor’s Oathbreakers, he finally gave in.
I suspect that’s why that last girl managed to survive.

I had a feeling that would happen. That’s why I came here.

Doc was purposely letting so many people die. Don’t think he wasn’t affected by it. Also, don’t think that everyone that came through here died. Most of our patients lived, in fact. I could definitely tell that he wasn’t trying as hard as he used to, though.

He wasn’t getting any sleep. He was being eaten through with guilt.

I needed some solid proof before I could do anything, though. That’s why I tried to imply as much as I could without giving away my suspicions. I hope some people caught them.

Just watching him was taking too long, just watching him, though. So, I finally started watching him closely to make sure he wasn’t going to kill anyone.

After everyone started surviving, the Plague Doctor must have gotten upset. I think Doc saw him again. He ran to me terrified, and confessed.

That was all I needed.

He said he would gladly die for his patients.

I just wish he’d upheld that promise earlier.

1 comment:

  1. Don't fear death in earthly travels.
    Don't fear enemies or friends.
    Just listen to the words of prayers,
    To pass the facets of the dreads.

    Your death will come to you, and never
    You shall be, else, a slave of life,
    Just waiting for a dawn's favor,
    From nights of poverty and strife.

    She'll build with you a common law,
    One will of the Eternal Reign.
    And you are not condemned to slow
    And everlasting deadly pain.

    ReplyDelete